Monday, October 14, 2013

Bleeding Foot and Wet Ears

This morning when I took Ziggy out for his walk, he was limping and so I tried to check his pads to see if there was anything stuck in them and then his foot suddenly started bleeding like crazy.  He was upset and wanted to get back in the stroller so I brought him back inside immediately.  I used a warm wash cloth to try and blot the area but this was obviously painful so then I just used the cloth to squish water onto the area so I could see what was going on.  I think it was just another "bleeder".  I gave him some traumeel in water to alleviate pain, wrapped the foot in a soft cloth and went to work.

At lunchtime, he was up and walking around so he was definitely feeling better.  The blood is still stained and clotted on his foot but I'm letting him lick his wounds and deal with it himself for now.  Maybe tomorrow he will be feeling better enough to let me clean it up.

I noticed this morning he also has wetness in the ears and cleaning them with a cotton ball shows yellow but I do not smell any infection.  I'm hoping this is just his body responding to the remedy and flushing out more junk.

The strange part is that this foot has never bled before.  This was the back right foot and previously it was always the front left foot. 

I'll post again in the next day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment