Tuesday, September 24, 2013

More Frequent Posting on Ziggy's Progress

I gave another dose of the Pulsatilla remedy over the weekend.  Not seeing anything negative but his skin is slowly improving so I'm hoping we are on the upswing now.

Each morning, I lay him out on his back and examine the under-carriage skin.  Two months ago, it used to be wet and sticky and took a good cleaning with soap and water to get it all off.  His skin is looking so good now.  Last week it was a little moist but this week it's feeling soft and supple.  I do the cleaning anyway for preventive maintenance and powder the skin to prevent chafing since there is no fur in these areas. 

I'm focusing more now on the feet, nails, pads and between the toes.  It's definitely better but still room for improvement.  I need to do more massaging with coconut oil on the feet but this works best after a bath so I think it's reserved for weekends.

The ears are doing much better... a little powdery/flaky stuff that does ok with a quick wipe of a damp washcloth.  Using the Zymox ear cleaner every 2-3 days now instead of every day.

The eye is doing much better but I am following Dr Robin's advice and dropping the cod liver oil twice per day (along with the additional lubricants).

Overall, I am very excited about Ziggy's progress.  It's been years since he's looked and felt this good.  He's playing with his toys every night now whereas he used to just lay around and sleep because he didn't feel well.

I am going to continue with the remedy about once per week to see if there is more improvement and will try to post more often because it helps me to keep better tabs on his progress.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment