Friday, September 20, 2013

Improvement with New Homeopathic Vet

So... it's been a while since I've posted.  We relocated from Tampa to Clearwater in August 2013 and also started seeing a new homeopathic vet in Brooksville, FL.  Her name is Robin Cannizzaro and she is really awesome.  I've listed her site on my link list (Wholistic Veterinary Care).  She gave us a remedy of Pulsatilla and it's been an interesting experience.

At first, Ziggy's condition worsened which is ok and to be expected.  Then during the move to Clearwater, I stopped the dosing so I could focus on packing and moving.  After we moved to Clearwater, he started doing better.  Skin and ears started secreting less junk and I also started mini-cleaning sessions every morning.

This month (September), gave another dose (per Robin's recommendation) and he is still doing well and looks like some skin lesions are drying up and crusting over... very good.  He seems to be less sensitive to the heat than before.  He can be out in the heat of the day without panting and going into a mild panic like he always did before.  This is very good improvement.

I suspect that we are experiencing less pesticides and environmental toxins in this community than the one I left in Tampa.  That could have something to do with the rapid improvement.  I don't know for sure.

We have a follow-up appointment tomorrow to see Robin.  Will post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment