Monday, August 9, 2010

Showing Improvement

I started Ziggy back on both remedies (alternating every other day) and he is doing better.  The foot bleeding stopped and it healed up immediately.   It seems like maybe one remedy works better for his ears and skin and the other remedy works better for his foot issue.  Not sure.  But I do see improvement when on both remedies.

His ears are looking pretty good right now.  He was groomed this past weekend and the hair is out of his ears now so it looks much improved.  I can't tell if the hair in his ears makes it just appear worse than it is.  The yeasty stuff comes out of his ears but as long as he's on the two remedies, it's dry and clumpy but it clings to the ear hair and makes it more difficult to clean out.   Now that the ear hair is gone, it's very easy to wipe clean with a cotton ball soaked with vinegar and water.

My intention was to post more often but I tend to get really busy (two pets with medical needs so it gets a bit crazy) and I also prefer to post when I have something concrete to offer, like if there is a major change or if I start to notice patterns.  Because I modified the frequency of the doses, I was waiting to see what was going to happen... plus I figured things would improve once he got all that hair shaved off.  He gets miserable in the summer when his hair is too long and grooming is scheduled for every 6 weeks.  Maybe I should have him groomed more often in the summer.

Edit to add:  That cyst dried up and fell off during his bath at the groomer.  It never seemed to cause any problems and he didn't even seem to notice it was there.  But it's gone now.

No comments:

Post a Comment