Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Current Post-Remedy Issues

Ziggy had a seizure Monday morning around 6:30am.  It's a very odd time of day.  He usually has seizures in the middle of the night and when it's cold and the window is open.  I was in the living room having coffee when I heard him cry out so I ran into the bedroom and just held him and petted him until it was over.  That's really all I know to do when he has a seizure.

This morning (Tuesday) he wouldn't get out of his bed.  Usually he will get out of bed at some point leaving us enough time to get him fed and outside for his morning walk.  This morning it was last minute.  I had to pull him out of the bed, get his harness on and carry him out (I do have to carry him outside most mornings - he just doesn't want to go outside that early).  Once he got outside he was ok and walked around and did his thing.  When we came back inside, he got upset because he knew he was going to be left alone.  When he gets upset/anxious, he scratches at a cardboard box that I keep under the table (otherwise he would scratch on the wall).  I think his skin problem and ear problem is bothering him.  He licks and bites at his leg often and now he's starting to lick and bite the other leg (the right one).

I clean his ears out with vinegar/water 3-4 times per day but his ears look bad and they smell bad.  I think he's not feeling very well.  He's eating and drinking water although sometimes his meals are at odd times... he eats when he's ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment