Friday, June 1, 2012

Ziggy's First Week Recovery

I am so amazed at how fast Ziggy is recovering after only one week on the raw diet. I started doing a 50/50 combination of cooked/raw but after more research, I found that when switching to the raw diet, there is no need to transition. So around mid-week I just simply stopped feeding him the cooked food and went strictly raw.

I've noticed a few interesting changes in him. First... he smells wonderful. He used to smell yeasty most of the time but now he smells like a clean, healthy dog. It's a very pleasant smell. He's also drinking more water, his poop is more solid and he is behaving more like a normal dog than a sick child.

He seems to look forward to meals and he enjoys the tearing of meat off the bones and crunching up the bones. I wish I had known years ago what a true raw diet would do for him.   He has suffered so much and I've spent so much money on vets and medications.  He is really just beginning to live a happy healthy life.   By changing his diet, I'm hoping that I can extend his life substantially.

I have stopped the homeopathic remedy for now because I want to see what the raw diet will do for him.  If he continues to have minor allergy issues, then I will start him back on the remedy and see what happens.

I have purchased a detox solution for him and hoping that it will help push the remaining toxins out of his body so he can make a full recovery.  I just received it in the mail today and will be starting it this weekend along with a probiotic to get the good bacteria into his system.

Here is a video of Ziggy's first raw chicken:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3iqsiKyCFA

No comments:

Post a Comment