Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dehydrated Pet Food

My local pet store has dehydrated pet food (http://www.thehonestkitchen.com/).   It's minimally processed so I'm hoping that Ziggy can eat this without it affecting his allergies.  Over the weekend (Oct 23-24), I mixed some samples (the grain-free versions) with his turkey and vegetables (after rehydrating with warm water).  He really likes it and this option fits in with my long-term food storage plan so I could buy this food in bulk, separate it into oxygen-free packages with the food saver and that should store successfully for 20-30 years.  I can mix it with his turkey and veggies or serve it alone if I have no access to those other items.

I also found another dehydrated raw dog food here:
http://www.pawnaturaw.com/organic_raw_dehydrated_dog_food.html

Eventually, I'd like to have both of these in my food storage.

1 comment:

  1. The yeast on his back leg seemed to increase a bit after feeding this dehydrated food (a small amount mixed with his cooked meal) so I have decided to stop feeding this and stay with his standard cooked food for now.

    ReplyDelete